AUDIO MASTERING RATES
Our audio mastering rates are somewhere in the middle of the price spectrum– not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.
Please make sure that you receive and approve a FREE, no-obligation mastering sample first.
Here's how this works:
2. We receive the song and (time permitting) perform sample mastering on a portion of the song (usually to the end of the first chorus, or 2 minutes into the song/piece).
3. We send back the song for you to listen to. Take a good listen to the song in multiple environments (home, studio, car, club, earphones, etc).
4. If you don't like it, keep the sample at NO COST to you.
5. If you LIKE it, you may have 1 revision to make some changes to the master (e.g., too bright, too much bass, etc) included in the price. If you have only one song to master, payment is due (using the UPLOAD FORM) after the revision in order to receive the full song (.wav file, .mp3 file, DDP file, etc). If you have multiple songs (EP or Album), payment is due in order to master the rest of them up to the standards of the first sample.
|FREE Mastering Sample 1 song||(FREE ) $0.00 USD|
|1 Song Mastering TOTAL||$45.00 USD|
|1 Song + 1 Instrumental Mastering TOTAL||$67.50 USD|
|2 Songs Mastering TOTAL||$90.00 USD|
|2 Songs + 2 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$135.00 USD|
|3 Songs Mastering TOTAL||$135.00 USD|
|3 Songs + 3 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$202.50 USD|
|4 Songs Mastering TOTAL||$180.00 USD|
|4 Songs + 4 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$270.00 USD|
|5-Song EP Extended Play Mastering TOTAL||$215.00 USD|
|5 Songs + 5 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$322.50 USD|
|10-song Album Mastering TOTAL||$400.00 USD|
|10 Songs + 10 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$600.00 USD|
|14-song Album Mastering TOTAL||$560.00 USD|
|14 Songs + 14 Instrumentals Mastering TOTAL||$840.00 USD|
WHAT YOU RECEIVE WITH EACH AUDIO MASTERING PACKAGE (sent to you via online file transfer):
- 16-bit/44.1k .wav file (standard for most aggregators like CDBaby, online stores, etc).
- 24-bit/ (up to)96k .wav file (in the event where your aggregator, etc., allows higher resolution masters).
- 128kbps, 256kbps, and 320kbps .mp3 files.
- 16-bit/48k .wav file (for possible video use and/or Film/TV Licensing, etc).
- DDP IMAGE FILE if necessary for duplication/replication (e.g., Discmakers, etc).
- Please note: We don't offer physical CD's sent via mail.
Our mastering service puts your master in the ballpark to compete head-to-head with major label releases, and utilizes a combination of high-end digital tools and top-of-the-line hardware. For this service we utilize some of the big guns in audio hardware, including the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, Crane Song STC-8, Maselec MEA-2 Mastering Equalizer, Crane Song IBIS, API 5500 Dual Equalizer, and more.
Keep in mind that COMMUNICATION IS KEY. We've almost never had to go beyond 1 revision in order to make a customer extremely happy with their master. We'll definitely work to make you satisfied with the result, but beyond the second revision (or in some exceptional cases - third revision), and for re-mastering jobs brought back, studio time is billed at $45USD/hour.
ALL PRICING IS IN USD. USE THE XE CURRENCY CONVERTER TO CALCULATE PRICING IN YOUR CURRENCY :
*Albums are projects with 14 or fewer songs. For all songs, running times should be no longer than 6 minutes each. Contact us for mastering projects with more than 14 songs, or for songs with longer running times than 6 minutes.
Special rates are also available for stem mastering or other types of recordings, e.g. concerts, live shows, voiceovers, etc. Contact us for information on special rates.
*Remember, 2-track (stereo) WAV or AIFF files only, no MP3's or stems (without prior approval).